Last month was a great time to be a Pickerington, Ohio home buyer, based on the most recent real estate market data from the real estate website Trulia.
That’s because both the average price per square foot and the median home sales price decreased when compared to last year’s figures.
Pickerington Properties for Sale
Here’s the latest market data that you should be aware of as a Central Ohio home buyer:
- Currently there are 335 resale and new homes on the Pickerington real estate market, including 172 in some stage of the foreclosure process
- Between October and December 2011, the average price per square foot for a Pickerington home was $74, down 14.9 percent when compared to the same period in 2010.
- During that same period in 2011, the median sales price dropped 6.1 percent year-over-year to $148,750.
- In 2010, the median sales price for Pickerington homes was $158,450.
- Currently, the median sales price for a 2-bedroom Pickerington home is $89,250.
- And the median sales price for 3- and 4- bedroom homes are $137,750 and $172,000.
- Here’s how neighboring communities compared in terms of median sales price:
- Also between 2010 and 2011, the number of home sales decreased by 40.3 percent.
- During the week ending on January 25, the average listing price for Pickerington properties was $207,344, down 0.8 percent when compared to the week before.
- During that previous week, the average listing price was $208,950.
- Here’s how neighboring communities compared in terms of average listing price:
o Reynoldsburg: $132,088
o Etna: $174,000
o Canal Winchester: $168,237
o Baltimore: $182,170
o Carroll: $249,321
o Lithopolis: $174,035
Purchase a Pickerington Home for Sale Today!
As you can see, the real estate market is definitely favoring the Central Ohio home buyer right now. Not only are prices down but so is real estate activity.
This means that Pickerington home sellers are more likely to drop their list prices in an effort to attract the lower number of home buyers navigating the market at any given time.
Thus, you as a home buyer stand to get a fantastic deal on a local home for sale, so long as you know how to effectively navigate the market and negotiate your buying price.
I’ll answer any questions you may have as well as provide you with
Until next time,