Happy December 1st to everyone! By now, I’m sure you and your family are already deep in the holiday spirit – what with Thanksgiving just last week and all of the holiday festivities that have already taken place in the Pickerington Ohio area.
But just in case you’re still looking for opportunities to make the most of this holiday season, I’ve compiled a list of some of upcoming local events that are sure to get you in the holiday spirit in no time!
Enjoy The Spirit of the Holidays in Pickerington, Ohio
Here are some upcoming holiday events that the whole family will be able to enjoy here in the Central Ohio area.
Holiday Lights Show: Take a mini-excursion to Delaware, Ohio to enjoy the Holiday Fantasy of Lights, a drive-through show at Alum Creek Marina. The mile and a half drive features more than 1 million lights and some 100 displays, including some with animation! Free concessions will be available at the end of your drive at the Marina Boat House, where Santa Claus is expected to pay a visit.
- When: Nov. 19 to Jan 2, times vary
- Where: Alum Creek State Park, 3615 S. Old State Rd., Delaware, Ohio
- Admission: $10 per car on Monday through Thursday, $15 from Friday to Sunday. Pictures with Santa are $5.
- More Info: Call 740-548-4631
Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol: Come watch this classic holiday performance at the Columbus Civic Theater with your family just before Christmas. This play follows Ebenezer Scrooge, a grouchy man who is visited by three timely spirits on Christmas Eve and transformed from the experience.
- When: Dec. 1 to 18; times vary
- Where: Columbus Civic Theater, 3837 Indianola Ave., Columbus
- Admission: $17.50 to $20
- More Info: Call 614-447-7529
Holidays at the Conservatory: At the Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, you and your family can revel in the holiday spirit by participating in a gingerbread competition and enjoying live music. There will also be seasonal foliage on display as well as holiday lights strewn everywhere.
- When: Nov. 19 to Jan. 4
- Where: Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, 1777 E. Broad St., Columbus
- Admission: Adults $11. Seniors and students $9. Children $6. Children under 2 free.
- More info: Call 614-645-8733
Historical Holiday Tour: Learn about the history of Columbus while enjoying downtown holiday decorations from the Victorian Era during this guided tour of the 1861 Statehouse in Columbus. An educational and enjoyable experience for the whole family!
- When: Dec. 1 to 31
- Where: Broad and High Streets in Columbus
- Admission: FREE
- More Info: Call 614-752-9777
Relocating to Central Ohio
I hope you get a chance to attend at least one of these holiday events here in the Pickerington, OH area. If you do, please let me know what you thought of it!
I’ll be happy to help you find your dream Pickerington home and then negotiate a fair price for it.
To get your home search started today, I recommend you also check out some of my helpful home buying tools, such as:
Until next time,