The month of August was a good month for the Columbus area real estate market, according to a recent article in the Columbus Business Journal.
Evidently, regional home sales on the Columbus real estate market increased 15.4 percent in August when compared to August 2010.
Columbus, OH Area Homes for Sale
Here’s the most recent data on the Columbus area real estate market, according to a recent report from The Columbus Board of Realtors:
- The number of homes put in contract on the Columbus real estate market increased by 50 percent when compared to August 2010 – from 1,646 to 2,478.
- 1,946 homes sold in eight greater Columbus counties and parts of 12 other counties during the month of August. That’s an increase of 15.4 percent when compared with August 2010, which saw 1,686 single-family homes and condos sold.
- The Columbus Board of Realtors noted 3,059 new listings in August 2010, adding to the 15,192 residential properties for sale already on the market.
- The average sales price in the Columbus area real estate market increased by 1 percent between August 2010 and 2011 – from $169,301 to $171,027.
- The median sales price for a Columbus area home for sale decreased between the two years – from $139,950 in August 2010 to $135,000 in August 2011.
- Year to date, 13,324 Columbus area residential properties have sold in 2011, compared with 14,266 that sold last year up to this point. That represents a 6.6 percent decrease.
Your Columbus Area Real Estate Experts
As your Columbus area real estate expert, I work hard to provide interested Columbus area home buyers and sellers with the most up-to-date information on the Columbus area real estate market.
Until next time,